University of the Witwatersrand Online Application 2023-2024
University of the Witwatersrand Online Application
Brief On University of the Witwatersrand
- The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a multi-campus South African public research university located in the northern areas of downtown Johannesburg. Wits University is another name for Wits College.
- The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a public research university with many campuses in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is situated in the city’s northern outskirts. Wits University, or just Wits, is the most often used name. The institution, like Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand in general, has mining roots.
- It was founded in 1896 as the South African School of Mines in Kimberley, making it the third-oldest South African school still in existence.
In 2018, the institution had 40,259 students enrolled, with around 20% of those living on campus.
Dates for the University of the Witwatersrand’s admissions opening and closure
Applications for admission in 2023 open on May 1 and finish on August 31, 2023.
UNIVERSITY OF WITWATERSRAND APPLICATION FEE
- There is a non-refundable application cost of R100 for South African citizens.
- Foreign nationals must pay a non-refundable application fee of R700.
- Payments must be received by the timeframes.
- Use your T or Personal Number as a reference.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY OF WITWATERSRAND
Candidates applying to WITS must present the following documentation:
- A completed application form
- a copy of your grades from the most recent school year
- a duplicate of your identity
- If you’ve already attended another higher education institution, we’ll need a copy of your academic transcript.
- Proof of payment of the applicable application fee must accompany your completed application form.
If you have not yet graduated,
Online Application Procedure for the University of the Witwatersrand
STEP 1 – Applying Online
- To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/.
- For each degree, a maximum of three can be applied (order of choice does not matter).
- It is advised that you apply to one program in a less constrained faculty if you are applying to two programs in the same Faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce, or Science).
- Keep your options open, especially if you’re applying to schools such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 is needed for South African citizens, while a fee of R700 is required for international candidates.
- Not Included: Forms Is your degree program subject to a different selection process? Portfolio and essay submissions, auditions, and National Benchmark Testing are all additional selection requirements for various degrees.
- Please see the Additional Forms section below to see whether this applies to you.
STEP 2 – Admission of Application
- You will get an email from the university acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment email will include a person number (which will become your student number).
- All University correspondence will be available at https://self-service.wits.ac.za.
- Check the status of your application and to-do items on the student self-service portal on a regular basis.
Helpful link from Wits University
Wits online Registration
Wits online Application Status
Wits online Courses
How to Apply Wits online
Wits online application dates
Wits online registration dates
How to register Wits Online
Wits online Prospectus
Wits Online application fee
Wits Online application requirements
Wits Application form
University of Cape Town Online Application
University of Fort Hare Online Application
University of the Free State Online Application
University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
University of Limpopo Online Application
North-West University Online Application
University of Pretoria Online Application
Rhodes University Online Application
University of Stellenbosch Online Application
University of the Western Cape Online Application
For more info visit UWits web here