University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application 2023-2024
University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- The Institution of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is a South African university with five campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal. The University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become it on January 1, 2004.
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- The University of Natal Council approved on May 31, 2002, to give the position of Vice-Chancellor and University Principal to Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical expert and former Medical Research Council President, who took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with directing the merger of the University of Natal with the University of Durban-Westville. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s final Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- He was formally appointed as the founding Vice-Chancellor of the newly combined University of KwaZulu-Natal after serving as the temporary Vice-Chancellor in 2004. On September 30, 2005, he was installed at a ceremony.
- Professor Makgoba resigned in 2015 after serving two five-year mandates. His presidency, however, was marred by controversy. Makgoba is accused of establishing a “culture of hostility” within the institution, leading to a departure of world-class scholars.  Dr Albert van Jaarsveld succeeded him.
Deadline For UKZN Online Application 2023
- It is beneficial to be aware of the specific closing dates for the institutions to which you wish to apply. Applying after the deadline may jeopardize your chances of admission.
English First Additional Language and ONE of the following: Life Skills; Mathematics; Social Sciences; or Technology and Natural Sciences
- English First Additional Language
- Economic and Management Sciences Life Sciences
- Life Orientation
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
Further Education and Training Phase (FET)
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- English First Additional Language
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Central Applications Office (CAO), with eligible applicants receiving early provisional offers. Because the Basic Education sector has not yet established the status of the 2023 June and/or Trial examinations, early provisional offers will be given based on Grade 11 results. The following are the steps for applying with CAO:
- Go to the CAO website
- Read How to use the programme list
- Refer to the summary of codes used
- Use the ‘Index’ to find which page the program is on
- Click on ‘Apply’ on top
- Go to Apply Now
- Fill out the application by entering all essential information and following the prompts.
- Make a copy of the declaration and deposit slip.
- Pay the application cost.
- Attach needed documentation and payment evidence to the declaration form.
- Post to CAO or deliver to CAO offices
- Keep the receipt and make a note of the CAO number and password to follow the status of your application later.
- South African applicants with an International Matric/School leaving certificate should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/. Application from International applicants (that is all applicants outside of the South African borders) should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Postgraduate Applicants for 2021 are encouraged to apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Past Matric applicants with a South African Matric/NSC should also apply via the CAO. Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- If you are applying for a master’s or Ph.D., you must submit a research proposal/proposed title for your dissertation/thesis.
- If you are an international student, you will need a valid study visa to study in South Africa.
- Please ensure that you have read the requirements above before applying online.
- Please verify that you have all of the HESA/SAQA paperwork needed to complete your application.
- When making application fee payments, please use the reference APPN (followed by your student number).
- Please give the system 24 to 48 hours to process your payment.
USEFUL LINKS FROM UKZN
UKZN online Registration
UKZN online Application Status
UKZN online Courses
How to Apply UKZN online
UKZN online application dates
UKZN online registration dates
How to register UKZN Online
UKZN online Prospectus
UKZN Online application fee
UKZN Online application requirements
UKZN Application form
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE