UKZN Online application requirements 2023-2024
UKZN Online application requirements
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical scientist and former Medical Research Council President, was appointed Vice-Chancellor and University Principal by the University of Natal Council on May 31, 2002, and took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with bringing the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville together. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s last Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- After serving as temporary Vice-Chancellor in 2004, he was formally appointed as the founding Vice-Chancellor of the newly united University of KwaZulu-Natal. He was formally installed on September 30, 2005.
- After two five-year terms in office, Professor Makgoba retired in 2015. On the other hand, his presidency was marked by scandal. Makgoba is accused of creating a “culture of animosity” within the institution, which resulted in the departure of world-renowned researchers. As his replacement, Dr. Albert van Jaarsveld took over.
UKZN Online application requirements 2023-2024
Before applying, check the admissions requirements of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN).
Applicants starting a new qualification must upload all pertinent papers, which often include the following:
- a copy of your academic credentials (eg Senior Certificate)
- Official tertiary academic record(s) copy (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- A copy of your ID document (if you are an RSA student) or your ID/passport (international students)
- a copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree (if appropriate) (if applicable)
- Documents that are not in English or Afrikaans must be sworn translated.
Requirements for Admission to the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) in 2023
The prerequisites for admission to the University of KwaZulu-Natal in 2023 are mentioned below. Applicants should properly examine their applications before submitting them.
Before applying, applicants must fulfill the University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Requirements.
Requirements for Undergraduate Admission
|National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate|
- Applicants to undergraduate degree programs must have a National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement.
- 1.2 Applicants to undergraduate diploma programs must have a National Senior Certificate for Diploma Studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate.
|Medium of Instruction|
- The language of instruction at UKZN is English, and a pass in English (Home Language or First Additional Language (FAL)) at Level 4 (50 percent or above) is necessary, but the College of Law needs a pass in English Home Language at Level 5 or English as FAL at Level 6. A lower English score may be sufficient for admission to Diploma or Alternative Access programs. The Senior Certificate requires a pass in English as a First or Second Language HG E.
- For UKZN degree programs, a Level 4 pass in Life orientation is necessary. Access Programs may take a Level 3 pass into consideration.
|Minimum Composite Academic Performance Score|
- To get admitted, each program has set a minimum aggregate Academic Performance Score that must be reached. However, this is the bare minimum for consideration, and students who attain this level are not assured admission. APS scores are used to rank applicants to programs, and selection is made from the top down until all of the available spaces in the program are filled. Due to the high demand for spots, candidates who do not fulfill the APS for a particular program are unlikely to be accepted.
|Subject requirements and Levels of Performance|
- There are additional topic requirements and minimal levels of accomplishment in certain areas for admission to UKZN programs. Applicants who did not complete the requisite courses in their NSC-Deg or did not meet the acceptable level of performance in specific areas for admission to a program would be denied.
- The tabulations include Central Applications Office (CAO) program codes to assist you with your application. The code consists of six letters. The University of KwaZulu-Natal is abbreviated by the first two initials, KN. The UKZN campuses where the curriculum is offered are E = Edgewood, H = Howard College, M = Medical School, P = Pietermaritzburg, and W = Westville. The program’s name is denoted by the last three letters. Make a special effort
UKZN online Registration
UKZN online Application Status
UKZN online Courses
How to Apply UKZN online
UKZN online application dates
UKZN online registration dates
How to register UKZN Online
UKZN online Prospectus
UKZN Online application fee
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE