How to register Wits Online 2023-2024
How to register Wits Online
About University of the Witwatersrand
- The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a multi-campus South African public research university located in the northern areas of downtown Johannesburg. Wits University is another name for Wits College.
The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a public research university with many sites in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- It is situated in the city’s northern outskirts. Wits University, or just Wits, is the most often used name. The institution, like Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand in general, has mining roots. It was founded in 1896 as the South African School of Mines in Kimberley, making it the third-oldest South African school still in existence.
- In 2018, the institution had 40,259 students enrolled, with around 20% of those living on campus.
How to register Wits Online 2023-2024
Accept your offer
- If you earned a National Senior Certificate or an equivalent school-leaving certification this year, you will get an SMS confirmation of your definite offer in January 2022, shortly after the results are announced.
- Go to the self-service site to verify your status and accept your offer.
- You must accept the offer by SMS or the Self-Service site within the timeframe given. If you do not comply, your offer will be revoked and your place will be filled by another student. Acceptances cannot be made via phone or email. You may only accept one offer at a time.
- Your program may have been postponed or you may have been placed on a waiting list.
- As decision-making is a continual process, we will check the situation every day and alert you through SMS or self-service whenever a definite offer is made.
- All self-funded students must make a first fee payment before registering. This is a standard R9340 sum that all students must pay. Students will be unable to register if this payment is not made. EFT payments should be made four days in advance to ensure that they clear before you register.
- If you are unable to make this payment before the deadline,
- If you cannot make this payment when you register, you must request a payment delay and pay the complete year’s fees by the end of May. Students can immediately begin Online Registration after completing the postponement on the student self-service portal.
- You may request a delay only after you have been given and accepted a spot in a program.
If you have received a preliminary offer for NSFAS financing for 2023,
- the initial fee payment is not required.
- Falling below the financing level – that is, your family’s yearly earnings are less than R350 000 – after receiving a full scholarship at Wits University. If you fall into this category, you must request a charge deferment using the self-service portal.
- All students will be expected to identify their home and financial income upon registering.
Students submitting NSFAS or bursary applications
- All supporting documentation must be supplied before February 28, 2022.
- You must pay 75% of the yearly tuition charge and other related charges, as well as the on-campus housing fee, at or before enrollment.
- The International Students Office must authorize you before you may register. For clearance information that will allow you to register, go here.
- If you have any queries, the International Students Office can assist you; click here for contact information.
Register before the deadline
- The Self-Service Portal allows most students to register for classes from home, and they are encouraged to do so.
- You may register at Assisted Registration on campus if you are unable to finish your registration online or require extra assistance such as curriculum counseling.
- Each faculty has its own set of dates and deadlines for both Online and Assisted Registration. If you do not complete your registration within the stipulated period, your offer may be terminated. Students who do not register in a timely manner will be denied admission to the university. Click here to check your enrollment dates.
Collect student cards and goodie-bag
- If you register online, you must pick up the following documents on campus:
- Pick up a registration goodie bag at the Sports Admin Building, Sturrock Park, or the Student Enrolment Centre after Registration Week.
- The First Year Newsletter is now available to read and download. It contains information about Wits Student Services, semester dates, and other topics.
- Any Kudu Card Office can provide you with your “Kudu” student card. You must produce evidence of identities, such as your driver’s license, passport, or ID card.
- Fill out the parking application on the self-service portal and pick up your sticker at the Parking Office if parking is necessary.
For more info on Wits click here