How to register University of Stellenbosch Online 2023-2024
Students can choose from the following registration options:
Option 1: Self-registration / Online Registration
- Most students are able to register online and are encouraged to register via our online registration portal. Please see the list of applicable programmes HERE.
- Self-registration can be done from any computer with access to internet via my.sun.ac.za.
- The following students will not have access to self-registration:
- who have one or more proof of admissibility document outstanding (e.g., Matriculation exemption certificate, advice of results or post-matriculation proofs of admissibility)
- whose readmission to the University is not in order. Please note that all students registered in 2020 were automatically readmitted for 2021 based on an institutional decision that no student would be academically excluded in 2020.
- whose student account with the University is in arrears (debtors). If the student account and first instalment of registration are paid in full, are captured by the Student Fees Division and the student meets all other requirements for self-registration, they will be able to self-register. Please see the student fees section below.
- who have been accepted by the University for postgraduate programmes and are registering for that programme for the first time in 2021 (postgraduate newcomers).
- who register for special programmes or as a special student or transferred to another programme.
- who have a final result at the end of the year other than “pass year” on the academic record.
Option 2: E-mail registration
- This option is only applicable for those without access to self-registration or who are unable to self-register.
- Ensure you attach proof of payment or scholarship letter to cover the first instalment toward study fees (first instalment) in your e-mail registration request.
- Students with outstanding 2020 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients). Students must first consult with the staff in the relevant Bursaries and Loans office in this regard (contact details listed below).
- Please consult the contact list below for assistance with your e-mail registration.
- Postgraduate students received a postal registration form, which they can complete and email to their faculty representative. Please see the applicable contact details below in this regard.
Option 3: On-campus registration (Note: This option is subject to the prevailing Covid-19 related conditions and applicable regulations.)
- This option is only applicable for those without access to self-registration or who could not complete their registration via the e-mail registration option.
- Register in-person in the computer user area (NARGA) in the Administration A Building on the Stellenbosch campus according to the on-campus registration schedule in the table below.
- Ensure you bring along proof of payment or scholarship letter to cover the first instalment toward study fees.
- Students with outstanding 2020 fees will not be allowed to register (except for qualifying NSFAS recipients).
- Outside of the on-campus registration schedule, appointments to consult with staff face-to-face on campus will be kept to the absolute minimum and only if you cannot be assisted in any other way. Further information on this will follow.
Please see the specific registration details for the Tygerberg Campus HERE.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR CONTACT DETAILS FOR FACULTY OR PROGRAMME SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND SERVICES.