How to Apply Wits online 2023-2024
How to Apply Wits online
About University of the Witwatersrand
- The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a multi-campus South African public research university located in the northern areas of downtown Johannesburg. Wits University is another name for Wits College.
- The Institution of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg is a public research university with many campuses in Johannesburg, South Africa. It is situated in the city’s northern outskirts. Wits University, or just Wits, is the most often used name. The institution, like Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand in general, has mining roots.
- It was founded in 1896 as the South African School of Mines in Kimberley, making it the third-oldest South African school still in existence.
In 2018, the institution had 40,259 students enrolled, with around 20% of those living on campus.
How to Apply Wits online 2023-2024
- To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/.
- You may apply for a maximum of three programs (order of choice does not matter).
- It is advised that if you apply to two programs in one Faculty, you apply to one program in a less limited faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce, or Science).
- Keep your options open, especially if you’re applying to programs in the Health Sciences or Engineering schools.
- The program’s duration should not be entered. You are applying for a spot in the first year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 is needed for South African nationals, while a fee of R700 is required for overseas citizens.
- You will get an email from the university acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will include a personal number (which will become your student number) and a contact person with whom you may get in touch if you have any issues.
- The student self-service portal at https://self-service.wits.ac.za will have access to all University communication.
- Check your application’s status and complete tasks on the student self-service portal on a regular basis.
- Keep your contact information up to date via self-service.
- If you didn’t submit supporting documents when you applied, you may still do so through the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za.
- Use your personal number (not your T number) and the first six digits of your ID to log in.
- Matriculants Enrollment status: Grade 11 final grades should be uploaded (no hardcopy required).
- Are you a matriculated student? All of your matric/foreign school-leaving certificates must be certified.
- Other Colleges and Universities: Provide a certified copy of official academic records, as well as a statement/certificate of good behavior stamped by the institution’s registrar, for ALL tertiary registrations.
- (Please note that interim, self-service produced findings will only be considered for initial evaluation purposes for GEMP candidates.)
- Current matriculants may be given a temporary offer (depending on self-reported Grade 11 results). Please keep in mind that some programs (interviews/auditions/NBT) have extra prerequisites for selection.
- For further information, see the Provisional Acceptance Guide.
- Solid offers can only be confirmed after getting final matric scores.
- Applicants who get a definite offer must complete the registration process at www.wits.ac.za/register/.
- Each degree choice is treated as its own application. It doesn’t matter whatever sequence you select.
- The self-service portal will reflect communication by providing a secure location and information on the registration and orientation programs, with registration and orientation details available on the Wits website.
- You may only accept one offer due to space constraints. You must respond to the offer within a few days of getting your offer letter/sms to guarantee your seat.
- The Acceptance Guide is available for download.
- To organize a virtual meeting, go to https forms.
For more info on Wits click here