How to Apply UKZN online 2023-2024
How to Apply UKZN online
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical scientist and former Medical Research Council President, was appointed Vice-Chancellor and University Principal by the University of Natal Council on May 31, 2002, and took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with bringing the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville together. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s last Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- After serving as temporary Vice-Chancellor in 2004, he was formally appointed as the inaugural Vice-Chancellor of the newly united University of KwaZulu-Natal. He was formally installed on September 30, 2005.
- After two five-year terms in office, Professor Makgoba retired in 2015. On the other hand, his presidency was marked by scandal. Makgoba is accused of creating a “culture of animosity” within the institution, which resulted in the departure of world-renowned researchers. As his replacement, Dr. Albert van Jaarsveld took over.
How to Apply UKZN online 2023-2024
Applications must be submitted through the Central Applications Office (CAO), with qualified applicants obtaining early provisional offers. Because the Basic Education sector has not yet established the status of the 2023 June and/or Trial examinations, early provisional offers will be given based on Grade 11 results. The following are the steps for applying with CAO:
- Go to the CAO website
- Read How to use the program list
- Refer to the summary of codes used
- Use the ‘Index’ to find which page the program is on
- Click on ‘Apply’ on top
- Go to Apply Now
- Fill out the application by entering all essential information and following the prompts.
- Make a copy of the declaration and deposit slip.
- Pay the application cost.
- Attach needed documentation and payment evidence to the declaration form.
- Post to CAO or deliver to CAO offices
- Keep the receipt and make a note of the CAO number and password to follow the status of your application later.
- Applicants from South Africa having an International Matric/School leaving certificate should apply online at www.ukzn.ac.za/.
- International applicants (those living outside of South Africa’s boundaries) should apply online at www.ukzn.ac.za/.
- Postgraduate Applicants for the year 2021 are urged to apply online at www.ukzn.ac.za/. Applicants having a South African Matric/NSC should also apply through the CAO. Please remember to include the following papers (where applicable):
- Authenticated copy of your ID/passport
- Verified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate, O/A Levels, or other applicable school leaving qualification/certificate.
- If you are an international candidate, you must provide proof from Institutions South Africa (formerly known as HESA) that you are eligible for admission to degree studies at South African universities. Refer to the undergraduate prospectus for further details.
- If you attended other universities, please provide certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct.
- For overseas candidates from non-English speaking nations, proof of English ability is required.
- If the prior qualification(s) was/were obtained at a foreign university, the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluates it (outside South Africa).
- If you are applying for a Masters or Ph.D., you must submit a research proposal/proposed dissertation/thesis title.
- If you are an international student, you will need a valid study visa to study in South Africa.
- Please read the rules above before submitting an online application.
- Please make sure you have all of the HESA/SAQA paperwork you need to finish your application.
- When paying your application fee, please use the reference APPN (followed by your student number).
- Allow the system 24 to 48 hours to process your payment.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE